Grilled Spinach 'Shrooms
What do you do with the bag of spinach cluttering up the produce drawer? Put it together with leftover baby Portabellos, of course. I'm sure it has been done before, but these turned out to be very tasty after 15 minutes on a medium grill.
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp finely shopped garlic cloves ( I usually use bottled but try to press the liquid out.)
3 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
4 medium sized Portabello mushrooms
1 One-pound bag of baby spinach
¼ tsp light salt ( I use Wyler’s chicken broth granules for a bit of extra flavor)1 Tbsp dry grated parmesan cheeseipe Portabello caps with damp paper towel.
- Twist out and thinly trim the end off the stems
- Chop stems and set aside
- Finely cut the spinach by handfuls, and set aside
- Spray the stem cavities with olive oil
- Heat a 9 or 10 inch skillet with the 2 Tbsp of olive oil (medium high)
- Add chopped stems and garlic, and brown the stems lightly
- Add the spinach and stir until it all looks limp
- Sprinkle in feta cheese and salt or broth granules and stir
- Remove from heat and divide the mixture into the portabello cavities, mounding it up a bit.
- Sprinkle dry parmesan over the tops (You can prepare these ahead of the rest of the meal.)
- Grill on medium pre-heated grill for about 15 minutes